1. You may have illuminated my life, but darling, you are not the sun.
2. A couple tears for you, but baby, you know the ocean wasn’t built on your departure.
3. You know when the sun is out and it is raining? This is what loving you felt like.
3.5. My body was not meant for this type of inconsistent climate.
4. If loving me was a crime, you would be wrongfully convicted.
5. We both know we can’t trust the prison system, but even so, I will refuse to pay your bail.
6. You stopped putting fire to this passionate relationship we called love.
6.5. And now, I am cold hearted, I give you full credit for this occurrence.
7. Whenever I got injured growing up, my mother always said, “alcohol en las heridas.” Goodness, I never thought she’d be so right.
8. The moon will look at me fiercely some nights, she will have your eyes, but I refuse to be tricked by her glimmer.
9. I am grateful that you left in the midst of spring. Summer is far too hot to want another lover on my bed while I sleep at night.
10. You are not the sun, you are not the moon, you are a mere remnant of the past and I will chant this over and over to consume the memory of you.
Let me be your:
7am morning fuck before you go to work
Midday text, letting you know that you’re on my mind
5pm cuddle after a long days work
11pm rough fuck as i pound away the frustrations of your day
2am soft whisper in your ear, as i tell you “i love you”
when you really hate the fuck out of someone but you cant say shit because everyone else loves them and you know deep down in your cold dead heart that they’re a terrible person